Hollows Eve was a thrash metal band from Atlanta, Georgia. They first became known for the “Metal Merchants” song on Metal Massacre. Their debut, “Tales Of Terror” on Metal Blade, gained them a cult following. The follow-up albums Death and Insanity and Monument were solid thrash albums (in my opinion) but failed to gain the band any traction. “
Hallows Eve: Another Great Metal Band That Never Went Big – What Happened To Them?
How did that happen?
Some Hallows Eve Facts You Might Not Know
- On the Tales of Terror album, the band was a five-piece, with t with two guitar players one being Steve “Skullator” Shoemaker.
- Skullator left the band after the Tales of Terroralbum because of creative differences. He was more into black metal.
- The last live appearance monument era
Hollow’sEve ever made was for The Skullator’s benefit. In 1991 Steven was shot in a robbery attempt in Atlanta. Though struck in the head, Steven lived and now wears an eye patch.
- Stacy Anderson performed in a band called DIN post-hollows Eve. He now owns a stump removal service in the Atlanta area.
- Guitarist “David Stewart” is a successful photographer in the Atlanta area. Post Hollows Eve Post, he was in a band with two rappers named Urban Grind.
- Tommy Stewart drives a taxi in the Atlanta area.
- Police briefly investigated Tommy Stewart after the death of his wife. No charges were ever filed.
- Hallows Eve tried to reform with Ex-Rigot Mortis vocalist Doyle Bright. They announced a “comeback”, but nothing ever happened.
- Steve “Skullator” Shoemaker was the only one who stayed active in music. He put together a black metal band called Wormreich. Tragedy struck again — returning to Atlanta after their first tour, the van driver fell asleep, causing the van to swerve off the road, killing 2 and injuring
12 .Stephen was critically injured. Now, like fellow musician Jeff Becerra, is confined to a wheelchair.
- James Murphy played guitar in Hallows Eve briefly. He initially turned down Chuck’s offer to join Death, but was talked into accepting it by David Stuart.
- Metal Blade has reissued most of the band’s early catalog and continues to sell to this day.
Listen To Hallows Eve Full Albums
Death and Insanity (1986)
Tales of Terror (1985)
Tales of Terror Artwork and Sleeve
This album is frequently bootlegged. This is what the original first pressing artwork looks like.
Hallows Eve Songs
Tales of Terron Track List:
1. Plunging to Megadeath
2. Outer Limits
4. The Mansion
5. There Are No Rules
6. Valley of the Dolls
7. Metal Merchants
8. Hallows Eve-with Routine
Death And Insanity
- Death and Insanity
- Goblet of Gore
- Lethal Tendencies
- Plea of the Aged
- D.I.E. (Death in Effect)
- Attack of the Iguana
- Nobody Lives Forever
- Death and Insanity (Reprise)
Monument Album Art
A List Of Everyone That Has Played In Hallows Eve
Stacy Andersen– Vocals (all albums)
David Stuart-Guitar (all album)
Skullator-Guitar ( first album only)
Tommy Stewart- (all albums)
Drums Tym Helton-Drums
Sheer Heart Attack
Monument (To Nothing)
The Mighty Decibel
The Righteous Ones
Hallows Eve Line-Up 1985
Vocals – Stacy Anderson
Bass, Backing Vocals – Tommy Stewart
Drums, Backing Vocals – Rob Clayton
Guitar, Backing Vocals – David Stuart