Everything You Wanted To Know About Whiplash But Were Afraid To Ask….
- All 3 members of the classic line up were named “Tony”
- Drummer Tony Scaglione was in Slayer briefly. If you blinked you might have missed it.
- Peter Steele from Carnivore / Type O Negative did backing vocals on this album.
Singer / guitaristTony Portaro can read music (not just tableture)
Whiplash: One of The Most Underrated Trash Bands Of All Time – Listen Here:
Power and Pain is the debut album from New Jersey thrash metal band, Whiplash. It was released in 1986 on Roadrunner Records and was followed up by 1987’s Ticket to Mayhem.
In 1998, Displeased Records rereleased Power and Pain, which included their second album, Ticket to Mayhem.
The album features members of New York City bands, Carnivore and Agnostic Front, on backing vocals.
Title / Length
1. “Stage Dive” 3:09
2 .”Red Bomb” 5:18
3. “Last Man Al ive” 3:31
4. “Message in Blood”4:04
5. “War Monger” 3:18
6. “Power Thrashing Death” 4:13
7. “Stirring the Cauldron (lyrics and music by Tony Portaro, Tony Scaglione
8. “Spit on Your Grave” 2:49
9. “Nailed to the Cross” 4:05
Total length: 34:45
Best Track: “The Burning Of Atlanta”
Wan Learn To Play Burning Of Atlanta?
In case you were really impressed by “The Burning Of Atlanta” learn to play the song right from Tony Portaro on his youtube channel where he gives the occasional guitar lissen.
Tony Portaro – vocals, guitar
Tony Bono – bass
Tony Scaglione – drums
Peter Steele and Louie Beateaux (Carnivore) – backing vocals
Vinnie Stigma and Rob Kabula (Agnostic Front) – backing vocals
Recorded at Systems II, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Produced by Norman Dunn (2)/ Engineered by Michael Marciano