Exhorder: One Of The Heaviest Thrash Bands To Exist
Exhorder was a ridiculously heavy thrash band from New Orleans, Louisiana. The riffs and production on both albums but especially Slaughter in the Vatican, is off the charts. Fans of the band included Phil and Pantera. They released two albums on Roadrunner Records, but nothing ever happened for them.
Here Is What We Know:
- Exhorder was formed in 1985.
- Their debut album, “Slaughter In The Vatican” was released on Roadrunner. It’s a straight-up solid thrash album that still holds up today.
- “The Law” had a more groove metal Pantera-type. It came out in 1992.
- The band broke up in 1994.
- In 2010 Exhorder did some reunion shows. It seemed a reunion was at hand.
- In 2011 bassist Frankie Sparcello died of unknown causes, though drugs are suspected.
- After, the band went back into a six-year hiatus.
- There was supposedly a reunion in 2017, but nothing came of it.
Listen To Exhoder:
The Exhorder 2x “Slaughter In The Vatican” / “The Law” CD
Exhorder recordings are very rare, and for fans, the CDS are highly sought after.
You must log in to post a comment.